Amid ongoing concerns about COVID-19, we want to assure you that your health, safety, and well-being is Ontario Hearing Centers’ top priority. We have implemented the following changes in our practice to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, minimize the spread of the virus, and keep you safe.
- Our staff maintains a thorough sanitation routine to ensure all patient and staff areas are clean and follow infection control guidelines. In addition, we will be disinfecting all surfaces including chairs, tables, counters, credit card machine, and door handles between patient visits.
- The door entering our waiting room will remain open so that there is one less surface area to touch. Although the door is open, please wait in the vestibule until a staff member is able to greet you.
- Hand Sanitizers will be available in the waiting room and consult rooms for all patients.
- We will be staggering patient visits to avoid congestion in the waiting room.
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to greet you with a handshake and will be minimizing physical contact in general.
- Staff and Clinicians will be wearing masks and gloves unless otherwise notified by health officials.
- Please plan on wearing a mask for your appointment.
- We will have a hearing aid drop-off basket in the vestibule for those patients who are uncomfortable coming into the office. The audiologist will inform you of what needs to be done and if there is any cost involved. If you choose to drop-off your hearing aid/s please follow these steps:
- Put your hearing aid/s in a small bag.
- Put your name, contact number, and a brief explanation of the desired service (repair; cleaning; tube change, etc.) in or on the bag.
- If you are coming into the office to pick-up supplies such as batteries, domes, or wax guards, please contact the office prior to your visit and we can have them ready for you to pick-up in the vestibule. You can provide your credit card information when you place the order.
- If someone is assisting you to the office, please have them wait in the car until the conclusion of your visit.
- Please avoid arriving early in order to minimize congestion. If you are going to be more than 5 minutes late, please call the office so that we can adhere to our staggered schedule and allow for time to disinfect the office.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk.
Fortunately, due to our long-standing relationships with manufacturers, we are receiving special pricing on hearing aids so that we can continue to offer our annual open house special this summer. This is a great opportunity to review new technology and take advantage of exceptional savings. Please look for a brochure coming soon in the mail!
We continue to be vigilant in our monitoring of this unprecedented event and are fully aware that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19. We understand the importance of optimal hearing, especially during this time when communication is so critical. We are also aware of the additional communication difficulties that are often exacerbated by others wearing masks and blocking your visual cues. Be assured that we will do all we can to enhance your hearing and minimize the difficulties you are encountering. Please feel free to call with any questions and we will do our best to assist you.
The Staff at Ontario Hearing Centers